Waiting on an urgent report? Do it yourself.
It's a normal monthly scene: a team of analysis preparing their monthly reports, extracts for regulators or reports for overseas HQ. They are in search of the „truth“ and need a golden report to unify everything. The final report is the end result of hours and hours of manual labour by analysts who must access local databases and upload data into spreadsheets.
Faced with limited budgets for an inordinate amount of BI/DWH requests, many companies employ large teams to deal with these requests rather than automating the process and taking on larger BI projects. Is it really necessary to ask analysts to spend two weeks pumping out monthly reporting Excel spreadsheets when a better solution is available?
Approved and supported architecture and tools are available and Adastra can put that technology into practice for you today. The days of waiting for updated versions of start-ups is also behind us; you won't have to wait for updated versions of the solution. Let us show you how to make your work markedly easier by automating monthly reporting and freeing up your precious human resources for real analytical work and research.
The average release cycle of large BI solutions takes three months. It is really necessary to wait three months before you can view a new report?
SELF SERVICE BI
Self-Service BI offers management technologies, processes and methods that enable flexible and fast data research, validation of prototypes, ad-hoc analyses and information sharing with minimal involvement of the IT department.
Human nature being what it is, it can be difficult for users working with new data sources, or, extended versions of existing ones, to define requirements or specify reports. They need to play with these data to extract useful information, hidden characteristics, habits. In many cases, sophisticated data mining is unnecessary. All you need to do is have the data available and know how to visualize it.
Self-service BI offers more than stunning, fast Excel charts. Self-Service BI also involves:
- Data availability
- Availability of all relevant / required / useful / valuable data
- Ability to process and save data
- Sandboxing – how to create it within the infrastructure, how to create security settings, assign resources, manage outputs and how to clean the sandbox regularly.
- SQL, user-friendly ETL
- Ability to access the heterogeneous data
- Connection to various/heterogeneous data sources and import of the relevant data for analyses (data mashups)
- Definition of the schematic layer for the provision of data to non-expert users
- Data discovery
- Tools for profiling, statistics and data mining
- Effective tools for data visualization
- Sparklines, Bullet chart, Matrix chart (small multiples / trellis), Scatter plot, interactive Bubble chart, Heat map, Radius chart, Network chart, Maps, Geoinformation…
- Ability to publish and share created reports and analyses
- Ability to transfer ad-hoc and self-service outputs into regular reporting cycles
- Ability to share information, classifications, discuss, comment and blog
Would you like to get a solution customized to the needs of your company? Contact us today.
Get more info today, start implementing tomorrow.
We will contact you as soon as possible.